The NGOs that are going to host the trainees are working at international and local level on cooperation since decades.
They are three different NGO: TDM 2000 Italy, TDM 2000 International and Studenti per la Città.
They all are active in the field of international mobility and mainly work on topics such as social inclusion, employability, entrepreneurship, human rights education, migrations, intercultural learning, volunteering, tourism, education and active citizenship.
Nevertheless the 3 NGO’s differ from each other:
– TDM 2000 is a non profit organization active since 2000 and working at local level to provide opportunities for development to youngsters. It is really well connected with the local community and authorities: Sardinian Regional Government, schools, Municipality of Cagliari, the University and other public and public entities are among its main stakeholders and supporters.
– Studenti per la Città started its action almost 13 years ago. It mainly addresses its work to the students of Cagliari University. During the years has grown and it is proposing local and international activities for students and young people in general who are part of the local community.
– TDM 2000 International is an international network of youth NGO’s which started in 2008 and is engaged in international activities in cooperation with European Youth Forum and other European and international entities. It has 29 members in 22 countries. TDM 2000 and Studenti per la Città are its members. It implements a wide varieties of activities mainly aimed at capacity building, education for the protection of human rights and especially women and children’s rights, cooperation between organizations and populations of different continents.
The three organizations mentioned above are settled in Cagliari.
Cagliari is the main city in Sardinia and the regional capital of the island, it is situated on the south of the region and it has about 150,000 inhabitants, while its metropolitan city (including Cagliari and 16 other nearby municipalities) has more than 431,000 inhabitants. It is also Sardinia’s economic and industrial hub, having one of the biggest ports in the Mediterranean Sea, and an international airport. Tourism is one of the major industries of the city, although historical venues such as its monumental Middle Ages and Early modern period defense system, its Carthaginian, Roman and Byzantine ruins are less highlighted compared to the recreational beaches and coastline. Cruise ships touring the Mediterranean often stop for passengers at Cagliari, and the city is a traffic hub to the nearby beaches of Villasimius, Chia, Pula and Costa Rei, as well as to the urban beach of Poetto. The island of Sardinia is one of the most active regions in Italy concerning the third sector activity.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE TRAINEES THEY ARE LOOKING FOR
20-35 years old
AREAS OF TRAINING:
• MARKETING and COMMUNICATION
1 trainee for TDM 2000 International to gain experience on marketing and communication and support improving the impact of the NGO.
• PROJECT WRITING AND EVENTS MANAGEMENT
1 trainee for TDM 2000 Italy to enable the trainee to understand and improve competences on project writing and event management during the period of internship and contribute to the growth of the organization.
• GRAPHIC DESIGN AND WEB DEVELOPER
1 trainee for Studenti per la Città to work on the improvement of image and promotion of the organization and develop competences on graphic and publicity image.
TOTAL TRAINEES TO HOST:
3 or multiples depending on the length of the apprenticeship