Spread The ART of going UP – STARTUP was a Strategic Partnership project financed under the Key Action 2 of the Erasmus + Programme of the European Commission whose activities ended on October 31st 2016.
The project aimed at promoting the concept of entrepreneurshipthrough several activities held throughout its 2 years duration, from 01/09/2014 to 31/08/2016.
The core objectives of STARTUP were as follows:
– Familiarization with the concept of entrepreneurship and startup businesses
– Creation of local startup communities fostering the development of innovation and entrepreneurship in partners regions
– Acquaintance and aggregation of people who share the same passion for entrepreneurship, in order to create business groups that will jointly develop their idea
– Participants will meet with professionals and experts in the field of business startup, in order to receive support and guidance for the establishment of their own business
– Promotion of mobilization and cooperation of all stakeholders (individuals , private companies, entrepreneurs , local and regional bodies , chambers )
– Promote partner regions as examples of good practice
– Promote internationalization of stakeholders and networking between countries
– Find a common methodology to deal with common problems among partner countries, such as unemployment
– Transfer of innovation, knowledge and experience at international level
The main activities to achieve these objectives were:
1 – Study analysis with data for each partner country, focusing on each region about unemployment in different age groups, their type of employment, occupations in greatest demand, new business creation and their nature, the occupation of the people of each region with activities related to entrepreneurship, the gap in education and the absence of non-incentives for young entrepreneurs.
2 – Creation of a web platform, the “STARTUP Platform” that have the following functions:
– Project website
– E-learning platform with educational material for entrepreneurship (MOOC)
– Communication tool between partners
– Sharing good practices among local authorities that support entrepreneurship mostly through the creation of incubators
3 – Training activities:
– Train the trainers
– Training of future entrepreneurs (STARTUP PATHS)
– Training of representatives of local authorities, accordingly on the association of Municipalities initiative and entrepreneurship
The target groups of this program were individuals or groups of people, unemployed, part-timers or people who wanted to change career orientation and seek a professional way out beyond the trite standards, people who had a positive attitude towards entrepreneurship, but also people who had even expressed an early interest in creating or participating in a new business (startup).
The Partners involved in the project were:
Universitatia Petru Maior (Romania)
More info can be found on the official website of the project
or on the facebook page Spread The ART of Going Up – STARTUP