- This event has passed.
Corso di Formazione “Leadership and Facilitation Skills in Non-Formal Learning”
11/04/2014 - 18/04/2014
This is an Action 4.3 project (Training Course) for youth workers and youth leaders from 9 YiA Programme countries, taking place in Orvelte, the Netherlands, in April 2014. The course will last seven working days. This course aims to train youth workers in leadership and facilitation in non-formal learning. Partner promoters in this project plan to work international and inter- cultural youth projects and need competences in this area of work. It is very important to enable them to actively involve young people in international projects, facilitate non-formal educational activities, to work in multicultural groups, to promote inclusion, cultural diversity and other Programme priorities and objectives, as well as to manage projects efficiently. Finally, it is essential for them to know and understand the necessary health and safety regulations that have to be conducted prior and during an international youth project. All of the above issues constitute project aims. The project will involve 27 participants from 9 countries. The project’s main objectives of the seminar are:
– To develop the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes of youth workers and youth leaders as facilitators within international youth exchanges and intercultural encounters.
– To develop and improve skills for using methods as a facilitator in a multicultural context
– To raise aware about quality aspects of international youth work such as European dimension, active participation, non-formal education etc.
– To raise awareness and learn the ways to ensure active participation of young people during preparation, implementation and evaluation youth projects;
– To reflect on participants’ experiences and create recommendations for management of next projects within the Youth in Action Programme
– To share best practice in European youth work
– To develop positive attitudes and approaches towards work in multicultural Youth Exchanges
– To develop future Youth Exchanges jointly
We are looking for 3 motivated youngsters: available places left: 3 – Participation fee for each project is 30% of the travel costs, plus the annual membership fee 2014 (30€). For any questions, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.