- This event has passed.
Corso di Formazione “Act for Europe: Theatre for Active Citizenship”
29/10/2014 - 06/11/2014
This is an Erasmus+ (Mobility of youth workers) project aimed at developing youth workers’ competences in using theatre methods to promote active citizenship of young people in Europe. The project is part of a series of three eight-day training courses to be held in the UK, Georgia and Albania. The main themes of the project are art, theatre and active European citizenship. The project’s context and origin are connected with GTC’s involvement in three regions: EU, South-East European countries and Eastern European and Caucasus Countries (we implemented projects in all three regions). This training course will bring together a total of 32 participants from 8 organisations in 8 countries (Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Turkey, Croatia, Estonia, Italy and of course UK).
The objectives of the project are:
1. To explore the concept of active European citizenship and its relevance in contemporary youth work practice
2. To improve participants’ competences in using theatre methods in youth work
3. To share experience and good practice in using theatre methods for active citizenship
4. To increase the capacities of partner organisations in fostering young people’s active citizenship
5. To raise the profile of international youth work and the Erasmus+ Programme
A non-formal education, participatory learning approach will be used, following principles of acting and being an active citizen, respecting individual knowledge and skills, enabling participants to co-facilitate the learning process, sharing creative ideas and information, using art and theatre to promote active European citizenship.
We are looking for 3 motivated youngsters able to communicate in english and over 18 years old, available places left: 3 – Participation fee for each project is 30% of the travel costs, plus the annual membership fee 2014 (30€). For any questions, you can contact us by email at email@example.com