- Questo event è passato.
Corso di Formazione “Open up the borders of your mind”
13/04/2016 - 19/04/2016
This project is hosted and coordinated by Institute for Social Integration (ISI) – Sofia, Bulgaria. During the project activities, 4 participants from all project partner countries will take part. These countries are Bulgaria, Greece, Italy, Spain, Hungary and Turkey.
The main aim of the project is to invite youth workers to reflect upon their own competences and attitudes towards migrants and refugees and to bring back home enlarged competences for fighting discrimination, intolerance and hostile attitude in local communities of the partner countries. The training course will focus on tolerance, human rights and acceptance of difference. This is why participants come from countries where migrants and refugees are entering the European continent at first place.
The general concept of the projects includes not only the training course itself, but also three additional phases, which we hope will brings greater added value and are prerequisite for social change. The project is divided into four stages:
1) Pre-Tc Phase – this phase starts a month before the training course (14 of March) with all selected participants. During the period they would be responsible for collection of data about the status quo in each project partner country and preparing an overall presentation on migration and refugees in each country. This will help them to get familiar with the current situation on local, national and European level.
“Open up the borders of our minds” – #OUTBOOM – Partners and Participants guide, designed by ISI team
2) Training course (Tc) – a designed structured learning experience, facilitated by professional trainers. The duration of the training course is 5 days (with one more additional day for arrival and one more day for departure). During the training course participants will have the opportunity to experience educational activities. Using the methods of non-formal education, experienced team of trainers will invite participants and will provide them with time and space to present, discuss and to build up their own understanding about the topic. The participants will be invited at the end of the training course to think of their own ideas, initiatives, action plans or campaign activities to be elaborated and put into practice in the local realities after they come back home from the training course. During the training course participants will have the opportunity to meet asylum seekers and to hear their stories and personal experiences.
3) Mentorship phase – this part of the project will last approximately 45 days after the training course. The objective is participants to apply ideas developed during the training course under the mentorship of the trainers’ team, who is going to deliver support to the participants and answering their questions, requests and supporting and motivating their pro-active behavior.
4) Assessment – after the mentorship phase, participants will be kindly invited by trainers/mentors to evaluate their own experience for this period and for all the three phases of the project. For that purpose special tools will be provided by organisers
You are the right person for this training course if you:
- are interested in the topic of migration and refugees;
- are ready to take action to bring social change
- active youth worker or leader in your organization or community
- have experience or you would like to gain experience in interaction with asylum seekers and refugees;
- are between 18 and 35 years old
- intermediate/fluent level of Ensligh (Spoken and Written)
- have the membership of TDM 2000.
Available places: 4
If you are interested to participate, please contact us: email@example.com
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar